Sunday, May 15, 2011

Guild meetings=Inspiration

After a week where I worked very hard on my projects, this weekend was very relaxing. We had a Good Hope Quilters Guild meeting and as always, I went away inspired. Members of P's And Q's and Table Mountain was responsible to hang their quilts around the hall.

This beautiful Baltimore quilt was made by Glen Dougal from Fish Hoek. Some of the berries is about 1/4 inch. For me who is tackling my first applique project- it was a real inspiration. I plan to turn into a master applique person- as soon as I have worked through Luixin Newman's Perfect Hand Applique book and CD. I will make a Baltimore- watch this space!


Also hanging on the walls were these two quilts of Bridget Louw. The hexagon quilt was completely worked by hand. Her colour combinations in this quilt as well as her basket quilt were very striking. Thanks girls for this inspiration!

I have received these delightful mugs- from an unknown person. They were given to my friend at a previous meeting  that I did not attend, to give to me. She forgot who gave it and only saw the mugs on Saturday morning again. I am delighted- so thank you to who ever gave them to me. It is actually to cute to use- but seeing that I do not keep ornaments (My house is very dusty) I will rather use it and be reminded of a wonderful gift from a true friend!

We had no rain the past two weeks. I did not post a picture from my front porch last week- but here it is today, two weeks later- Do you see the green spots on the barren land of two weeks ago?

What have inspire you the past week?

MariƩ

2 comments:

  1. Good for you to attempt an applique project. I am part of a Christmas Baltimore album block of the month and am already 5 months behind. I will continue looking at this "space" for your album quilt soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marie, Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog Creative Breathing. Your comment left was so heartfelt and very appreciated. What a lovely landscape you have in South Africa. I couldn't have imagined the place would look as it does. What artistry you share here with your amazing quilts. I have always been inspired by the time and dedication it takes to produce such work. Inspiration to be found here for sure! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...