Monday, January 31, 2011

It is for the bed


I need a new duvet cover and my search for one  lead to nothing. So the decision was made to make a duvet cover. Although I sleep under sheets and use the down duvet as a “blanket” or Quilt, the cover stil need to be wash often because of pets that also like to lie on it.





I bought a cotton sateen for the duvet cover and some stretchy satin to do the embroidery on. (After I embroidered the first designs I realized that the stretchy satin will need a permanent stabilizer- so I choose to use a non iron on interfacing as stabilizer).




I usually do not like to work in one color but I thought little specs of colour in the embroidery would not look good. So I choose three greens that is very near in value to each other to use for the Fabulous Flower Quilt 3 designs of Ace Point Quilting that I bought from Secrets of Embroidery.




I have now completed the designs. I plan to arrange these motifs around one central motif.

Hopefully I will be able to show the completed project later this week.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I can't to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are so pretty! You made great choices in color and design. Your cover will be gorgeous.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I am so glad to have found your blog, Marie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...