Sunday, May 20, 2012

Doing my book...without it

As a regular reader of organizational blogs and student of several books on the topic- it might surprise you that I am still looking for things I have misplaced. I wanted to "do" the book of Karen Linduska. Your Machine's Decorative Stitches.

I could not find the book here at home in one of my several bookcases with quilting books. So I start with a small project working from memory. I have done a bit of crazy patchwork with my Bernina Artista 170 but I have forget about all the lovely stitches it had. So instead of working whimsical I use stitches that look like grass and small plants etc. It did not really showed up well but I had a lot of fun. I needle felted some wool roving to use as flowers and that was fun too.

When I finally got hold of my book I add some more whimsical stitches. I completed my project with wool couched to the edge with a zig-zag stitch. (I also know why some people put a loop in the corner- although I was careful the corners pulled to tight and it does not lie flat in the corners.)

1 comment:

  1. Pragtig! ja, ek spandeer ook meeste van my tyd op soek na iets.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...