Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why Machine Embroidery

I am a Quilter. Not only am I passionate about quilting but it defines me as a person- without quilting I am only half me. So why do I want to machine embroider? It was my interst in embroidery that leads me to quilting- when I was still in school. Digital machine embroidery is part of the whole package. I am interested in integrating machine embroidery in my quilting.

I am relatively inexperienced as a machine embroiderer- although I am doing it now for 4 years. (I have been quilting for 28 years now). I am trying to teach myself machine embroidery. I have taken some classes, attend some online classes, read some books and magazines and stitched out many designs. I still feel like a beginner.

I know there is a lot to learn. I would like to take you on this journey with me- if you are interested!

(I am also trying to get the hang of blogging on this site!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie, I know what you mean by quilting defining you, as carving defines me. Without art I'm lost. You'll soon get the hang of Blogger. It's a wonderful way to keep your brain sharp :-)

    Your embroidered leopard is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...